Articles: | PC Video | Web Media | DVD & CD | Portable Media | Digital Imaging | Wireless Media | Home Media | Tech & Society |
PC Video: | PC Video Articles | Video Software Gallery | Video Editing Resources |
Summary: Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 (11/2007)
|Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 was
released in September 2007 for $99 (or less with rebates) -- www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/suite
EMC is also available as a Deluxe Suite bundled with a Dazzle USB audio/video capture device for $149.
Roxio press release - www.sonic.com/about/press/news/2007/09/creator10.aspx
The roots of the Easy Media Creator suite are still visible with Creator Classic for disc burning, plus the core media editing applications, Photo Suite, VideoWave, and MyDVD. EMC is particularly strong in these core applications, with clean looks and functions, good integration and consistency between applications, and strong help and on-line information. Also visit the Roxio MyMoments website for examples of how users can "make the most of their digital lives," with buying tips, step-by-step guides, and project examples (www.roxio.com/enu/solutions/mymoments).
See earlier article on Desktop Digital Media Trends 2007 -- with Roxio Easy Media Creator 9
Find related Sonic / Roxio articles in the Manifest Tech Blog
Find Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 on Amazon.com
Key new features and enhancements in Roxio Easy Media Creator 10.
EMC 10 Suite - Control Panel - Help and online Resources
Sync Portable Devices
Vista A/V Converter Gadget
A visual tour of Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 interface elements and associated features.
The full EMC suite includes 12 major applications plus 18 additional utilities (mostly mini-assistants designed for specific focused tasks).
These are listed below, grouped by major category (as in the Roxio Central control panel). Utilities are indented and prefixed by a dash.
While you can launch the applications individually from the Start menu, it's easier to start with the Roxio Central control panel to choose the task that you want to perform. Some tasks like Copy Disc are built in; otherwise, the control panel will launch the appropriate application to perform the selected task.
Easy Media Creator 10 Suite Roxio Central control panel
Easy Media Creator centralizes the handling of all three digital media types (audio, images, video) into common applications for media organization and playback plus media import. You can then edit, enhance, convert, and share media files using the media-specific tools.
Media Manager Organize and view media files, smart views & albums
CinePlayer DVD/VCD playback
- Media Import Record and copy images, audio, video, DVD titles
The central audio tool in EMC is Sound Editor, to record audio, apply effects, enhance, and convert formats (now with VST plug-ins). But the suite's real focus is working with music to create music discs, with Music Disc Creator to import tracks, clean and edit, add song information, and then export or burn music compilations -- plus assistants for focused tasks.
Sound Editor Record, apply effects, enhance, convert audio
Music Disc Creator
Music Disc Creator Import, clean/edit, add info, export / burn music compilations
- AutoMix Automatically create track lists with similar music
- DVD Music Assistant Music on DVD Video, with menus and track lists, 25 hrs/1 layer
- Audio Converter Convert formats, rename based on tags, transfer to portable devices
- Audio Tag Editor Update audio tags, manually, or online music database
LP and Tape Assistant
- Easy Audio Capture assistant
- Multiple Audio CD Importer assistant - Rip audio CD to portable device
- LP and Tape Assistant Convert LPs and tapes - Record, Identify & Enhance, Output
- Rip Multiple CDs Import and transfer digital audio in parallel from multiple optical drives
Working with photos in EMC starts with Photo Suite to repair, enhance, and share digital photos. Or use Multi Photo Enhance to edit a group of photos at once (resize, rotate, adjust, effects, convert).
Photo Suite Repair, enhance, share digital photos
- [Media Import] (common media capture / import)
- Multi Photo Enhance Edit batch of photos: resize, rotate, adjust, effects, convert
- Create Panoramas Combine multiple overlapping photos
- Photo Email Assistant Email individual photos or slideshows
- Photo Projects Assistant Create personalized calendars, greeting cards, and more
- Slideshow Assistant
Create photo slide show with audio and transitions.
Optionally send to VideoWave or MyDVD Express.
Use VideoWave for extensive video editing, or use CineMagic to automatically generate a polished movie from video clips and photos. For more focused tasks, use Video Copy & Convert to copy entire DVDs, or to create video compilations to files, disc, and portable devices.
VideoWave Create video productions with video, photos, music
Video Copy & Convert Copy entire DVD, or create compilation to files, disc, portable devices
- CineMagic Make auto movie from video clips and photos
- [Media Import] (common media capture / import)
MyDVD Create DVD/[S]VCD projects
- MyDVD Express Easily burn movies or slideshows to disc - menu style, background
- Plug and Burn Capture from DV tape direct to DVD disc
Basic disc copying is built in directly to the Roxio Central control panel .
Copy [built-in] Copy Disc, DVD movies, Create Disc Image, Burn Disc Image to Disc
For disc burning and archiving, start with Creator Classic for archiving files to CD and DVD, plus spanning large projects across multiple discs. Then use Retrieve to browse and extract files from these archives, especially when split across multi-disc archives or encrypted. Use BackOnTrack for scheduled backups of selected files.
Creator Classic Archive to CD, DVD, multiple discs
BackOnTrack Scheduled Backup selected files: location, date, type,
- Retrieve Retrieve files from Creator Classic backups, multi-disc, encrypted
EMC also includes additional disc and labeling tools.
- Disc Image Loader Create and load emulated disc drives
Label Creator Make disc labels, inserts, sleeves, case covers
- Express Labeler Labels, booklets, cases, insets, sleeves, etc.
Tools [built-in] Disc Information, Erase Disc, Finalize Disc, Load Disc Image,
Disc Gallery (Index files, folders, audio on discs)